In today’s era, Facebook is a widely used Social Media Platform and many of us spend a lot of time using the same. Whenever we install a new app on our phone we need to make an account for the same. Many of us think this as a tedious task. But using the Facebook account it’s fast, as Facebook allows third party apps or website to use your account. However the same can pose a great threat to your security, privacy, and personal data. Despite having third party app access policies, allegations have been made against Facebook regarding the sharing of user data without consent. Well, Sign in using the Facebook account to third party app or website will always be a threat to your personal data. If you have used Facebook for sign in to multiple apps and websites then here is how to remove third party app access from Facebook account.
How to remove third party app access from Facebook account on Android phone
- Open the Facebook App and click on three horizontal lines on the top left corner
- Tap on Settings and Privacy and then on Settings
- Now scroll down to security and select Apps and Websites
- On the next screen, select Logged in with Facebook. The system will display the list of apps and websites where you have your Facebook account for sign in
- To remove the access, simply click on App or website and select remove at last of the opened page.
What if you don’t want your Facebook account to be used for Sign in purpose on third party apps and websites? Then all you need to do is tap on Apps, Websites, and Games under Apps and websites setting (already mentioned above) and select Turn Off.
How to remove third party app access from Facebook account on PC
- Open facebook.com on the web browser on PC and log in to your account
- Now click on Setting and privacy and then settings
- Look for Apps and Websites tab on the left side of the opened screen and click on the same.
- Now a page will appear with apps and websites that you used your Facebook account to sign in.
- Review all the apps and websites connected to your Facebook account. If you want to remove the access simply click on that app or website and select remove
That’s how you can revoke the third party apps and website access from Facebook account. Further in future be careful and read the permissions properly while granting access. You can also check our article related to how to remove third party app access from Gmail account.