Instagram’s Restrict feature allows users to have more control over their followers, comments, and posts. So if someone posting negative comments or criticizing or using offensive language on your post then you can simply Restrict those users. In this article, I will tell you how to restrict and account on Instagram.
If you restrict a user, then comments on your Instagram post from that person will be visible to them only and not to the public. You can view the comment by tapping on “see comment” and can approve the same to make them visible to the public or can simply delete it.
Moving further, Messages from restricted users on Instagram moved to the message request section. To see the message you need to navigate to the Message request first and then tap on the user you want to see the message from. Restricted users will not be able to see whether you have read the message or not and at what time. You can also unrestrict or block the user from the opened message windows shown below:
For the restricted users, your Instagram account will be in View Mode only. Unlike blocked users, restricted users can still message you, like, or view your post, see the stories without knowing the fact that you have shut them down. This means they are thinking that they are reaching you or interacting with you but actually they won’t be. You can restrict someone by navigating to their user profile, through setting tab, and by swiping on comments.
How to Restrict an Account on Instagram
Restrict an account by navigating to their user profile:
- Firstly you need to open the Instagram App on your android phone.
- Navigate to the user profile you want to restrict
- Tap on three dots at the top right corner and select Restrict. A window will appear displaying that the user is restricted now. Tap on “Learn more” for more information regarding the same else tap on Dismiss.
Restrict an account through Setting Tabs:
- Open the Instagram App on your phone and click on profile picture icon on the below right corner
- Then click on three horizontal lines on the top right corner and then settings.
- Tap on Privacy on the next screen and then Restricted Accounts.
- Now on the next page, you will see the list of Instagram accounts that you have restricted already (if any). For new users, search the name through the search tab and simply click on Restrict.
Restrict an account by swiping on comments:
- Open the Instagram post on your android phone and then comment from the user you want to restrict.
- Select the comment and then click on the exclamation icon on the top right corner. In case of iPhone, you need to swipe left on the comment and then click on the exclamation icon.
- A window will appear, click on Restrict. A pop up will appear displaying that the user is restricted now. Tap on “Learn more” for more information regarding the same else tap on Dismiss.
In case if you change your mind then you can also Unrestrict the user using the above mentioned methods. Further just remember restricted users can still message you, like or view your post, or see the stories. You can use the Block option if you want a user to stop seeing your activities. You can also check our article related to how to post on Instagram from PC.